Recycling lamps and the WEEE regulationsMember News
Lutterworth Ecolighting offer free lamp recycling from Recolight.
Lutterworth Ecolighting have chosen to be a member of Recolight. Recolight is the leading WEEE compliance scheme for the lighting industry. They take on the responsibility of our WEEE compliance; giving Lutterworth Ecolighting customers access to the UKs most comprehensive free GDL, LED and luminaire recycling service.
As a Recolight member we are committed to making lamp recycling easy for our customers. All our lamps can be recycled simply and at no cost through Recolight - the only specialist WEEE compliance scheme to have a dedicated network of collection points.
Recolight recycling services
- Regular large quantities of lamps - Recolight provide a free container, collection and recycling is free too.
- Large refit projects and one off collections container, collection and recycling is free.
- Smaller quantities - you can lease a container, collection and recycling is free.
- You can also take waste lamps to a Recolight collection point located at wholsalers and lighting suppliers across the UK. Check the Recolight collection point locator.
- Luminaire collection also available contact Recolight for further details.
The WEEE regulations
Implemented in 2007, the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations are intended to increase the reuse and recycling of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) by reducing the amount of WEEE going to landfill.
As a Producer, it is our responsibility to finance the end-of-life treatment of our products.
We are proud to be a member of Recolight, which manages this on our behalf.
- Recolight Members have recycled more GDLs, LEDs and luminaires than all other UK schemes combined.
- A dedicated customer service team, managing over 750 waste lamp, LED and luminaire collections per month.
- UK wide network of over 2000 collection points giving you access to FREE recycling.
- Committed to maximising the recycling of all lighting in scope of the WEEE regulations.
- Not for profit - maximising funds available to provide free recycling.
- Set up by the lighting industry, working for the lighting industry, and a member of the LIA.
The WEEE scheme that sets the standard for the lighting industry.